Daily GK Updates 14th August 2017 Today GK Question | 14th August 2017 GK Question | 14 Aug 2017 GK Question | Today Current Affairs News | GK Question & Answer | GK Quiz, Today GK Quiz and Answer | Today Gk Question ans Answer | Current Affairs | Today Important Questions | Latest GK Question Today | Latest Current Affairs GK.
1. What is the theme of the International Youth Day 2017?
2. International Youth Day (IYD) is observed world wide annually on
3. In which year, 1st International Youth Day was observed?
4. What is the opening film of “Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM)” 2017?
5. Who hosts the Indian national flag at Indian Film Festival of Melbourne, 2017?
6. As per the survey by Quality Council of India Which railway station has been adjudged the cleanest
- Beas Railway Station
- Secunderabad station
- Visakhapatnam Railway Station
- Anand Vihar station
7. To which social network the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited signed an agreement?
8. Which state is the second largest exporter of ornamental fish?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
9. Union Cabinet has cleared how many atomic reactors
10. On the recent visit of Palestine President Mahmoud Abbas to India How many agreements India and Palestine have signed?
Current Affairs August 2017
1. 15th BIMSTEC ministerial meeting in Kathmandu
The working session of the 15th Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation, BIMSTEC, Ministerial meeting held in Kathmandu.
- Describing BIMSTEC as a “natural choice” for India to fulfil its key foreign policy priorities of ‘Neighbourhood First’ and ‘Act East’, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj said the grouping enjoys the unique strengths of connecting South and Southeast Asia.
- India was hosting the first BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise in October 2017. “This will help the group countries to develop quicker, coordinated and comprehensive responses to disasters, and provide timely relief and rehabilitation,”
- India also identified the energy sector as a key area of cooperation and noted that cross-border exchange of power between India, Nepal, Bhutan and Bangladesh is on a rapid upswing.
2. Kenya President Uhuru Kenyatta re-elected
In Kenya, Uhuru Kenyatta has been re-elected as President in the election. According to Election Commission Head Wafula Chebukati announced in Nairobi that Kenyatta got 54.27 per cent votes beating his rival Raila Odinga who got 44.74 per cent of votes.
- Opposition leader and Presidential candidate Raila Odinga claimed massive fraud during Presidential polls. However, the country’s Electoral Commission has denied opposition claims that IT system had been hacked in order to manipulate the poll results.
3. CBFC Board Reconstituted for three years
The Centre has appointed lyricist Prasoon Joshi as Chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification, CBFC, for a period of three years. Mr Joshi has replaced former Chairman Pahlaj Nihalani.
- The government has also reconstituted the existing CBFC with immediate effect for a period of three years or until further orders.
- Information and Broadcasting Ministry in a release confirm that there are 12 members in the new board, which include Ms. Gautami Tadimalla, Narendra Kohli, Naresh Chandra Lal, Vivek Agnihotri and Ms Vidya Balan.
4. Economic Survey 2016-17 Volume 2 was laid in the Parliament
According to Economic Survey 2016-17 Volume 2, achieving the high end of the 6.75-7.5 percent growth projected previously will be difficult due to appreciation of rupee, farm loan waivers and transitionary challenges from implementing GST.
- It said the government and the RBI have taken “prominent steps” to address the twin balance sheet challenge which has boosted market confidence in the short run.
- Also, the removal of check posts and easing of transport constraints after Goods and Service Tax (GST) implementation can provide some short-term fillip to economic activity.
5. SBI merger bill passed by Lok Sabha
The Lok Sabha passed the bill to repeal the SBI (Subsidiary Banks) Act 1959, State Bank of Hyderabad Act 1956 and to further amend the State Bank of India Act, 1955, following the merger of five associates with the parent SBI.
- Minister of State for Finance Santosh Gangwar said that with this merger, the SBI has come in the list of top 50 banks globally and is ranked at the 45th position.
- The merger will bring about increased capital base and increased ability to give loans. Also, small banks will get access to products like mutual funds.
- Five associates and the Bharatiya Mahila Bank became part of State Bank of India (SBI) beginning April 1, catapulting the country’s largest lender to among the top 50 banks in the world.
- The five associates that were merged are State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ), State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH), State Bank of Mysore (SBM), State Bank of Patiala (SBP) and State Bank of Travancore (SBT).
Thank you for visiting our portal and connecting with us. Stay in touch with us to get more Daily GK Updates 14th August 2017, and furthermore, Current Affairs August 2017.
Share This Post